NOTE: If item is backordered, check the Home Page for inventory status.
HYDROCHLORIC ACID – HIGH PURITY, HIGH POTENCY
Included: Hydrochloric Acid 38% HCL
Hydrochloric Acid 6 QUARTS (32 fluid ounces/each)
Brand New – Sealed in D.O.T. Approved Break-proof, Drip-proof, Easy Pour Bottles
High Strength, High Purity, Laboratory Reagent Grade
Excellent for Precious Metals refining and Recovery
HIGHEST QUALITY – START WITH THE BEST CHEMICAL REAGENTS AND GET THE BEST RESULTS • MADE IN USA • IDEAL FOR GOLD AND PRECIOUS METALS REFINING AND RECOVERY • REFINERS USE IT TO ACHIEVE .9999 FINENESS
PACKAGING / SHIPPING: WE SHIP USING SAFE AND SECURE, D.O.T. APPROVED 4G PACKING AND SHIP IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL APPLICABLE D.O.T. (US DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION) REGULATIONS, STATE REGULATIONS, AND CARRIER REQUIREMENTS. Shipping is via FedEx Ground to physical addresses located within the lower 48 states only. No USPS (Postal Service) shipping. No Air shipping. No PO Boxes. No shipments to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, Guam, APO, FPO, etc. No International shipping. No shipping to freight forwarders. No exceptions. IF YOU ARE HAVING DELIVERY ISSUES AT YOUR ADDRESS THEN YOU MAY SELECT FEDEX SHIPPING, WHICH INCLUDES SIGNATURE CONFIRMATION AND INSURANCE.
SAFETY AND PRECAUTIONS, STORAGE
OBSERVE SAFETY WHEN USING ACIDS
- As a component of Aqua Regia, HCL should be kept separate and unmixed until needed. If it is decided that aqua regia is needed, wear protective clothing (goggles, gloves, coat) and work in a clean well-ventilated fume hood. Keep the sash down when reactions are in progress. Never take aqua regia out of the hood. Never store aqua regia, and never put it in a closed vessel, because evolved gases will cause a pressure build-up that will burst the container. Be aware that pressure can build up in a short amount of time sufficient to burst a sealed vessel, even when the volume of aqua regia is small. For this reason, you should never store aqua regia or place aqua regia in a sealed container! Prepare it, use it, and destroy any excess in the fume hood in which it was prepared. Only prepare the amount of aqua regia you need for immediate use.
- Hydrochloric Acid is a strong acid and strong oxidizer. An oxidizer contributes oxygen to reactions, which can result in combustion or explosion. Acids react vigorously or violently with many combustible and flammable materials, including flammable organic solvents, bases, reducing agents, metals and metal compounds. Hydrochloric Acid may react violently with bases, metals, oxidizing agents, certain acids, amines, reducing agents, and organic materials
- HANDLE WITH CARE: Use extreme care when pouring acid to avoid splashes or spills. Replace and tighten cap on container immediately to avoid accidental spills. Have an abundant water supply handy to dilute any accidental spills. Cover open containers containing acid (HNO3, HCL) with a cap, plug, or watch glass to avoid venting gases. When using acids, work under a fume hood cleared of incompatible materials not needed for your process. When diluting any concentrated acid, always add the acid to water slowly while stirring to avoid sudden heat buildup. NEVER ADD WATER TO CONCENTRATED ACID. Products should be used within 2 years of purchase. Remember to never store aqua regia. Never place aqua regia in a sealed container.
- AVOID INHALATION: Hydrochloric Acid, Nitric Acid, and Aqua Regia vapors, fumes, and aerosols are irritating to the respiratory system. Inhalation of high concentrations of these vapors must be reported immediately. Delaying treatment can result in pulmonary edema and even death. Do not open indoors except under a fume hood. Do not inhale fumes. Use a supplied-air respirator, such as an SCBA respirator at all times when working with acids
- AVOID SKIN CONTACT: Concentrated acid can severely burn the eyes and skin. Wear protective gloves resistant to acids, such as blue nitrile gloves. Wear an impervious apron or smock and long sleeves
- USE EYE PROTECTION: Wear eye protection, such as polyethylene goggles or a polyethylene face shield to protect from splashing, it being advisable to wear both goggles and a face shield
- STORAGE: Store HCL in original containers. Dilute solutions must be stored in acid-resistant bottles, such as borosilicate glass with teflon caps.DO NOT store acid near incompatible materials with which it may react. These include acetic, chromic, and hydrocyanic acids, acetone, aniline, carbon, hydrogen sulfide, flammable materials, readily nitrated substances, organic solvents, bases, reducing agents, and metals and metal compounds. Store acid in its own storage cabinet near floor level whenever possible. Otherwise, store acid near floor level with inorganic acids, and segregated from other acids in a secondary containment vessel, such as a plastic bin, tub, or tote. Do not store Hydrochloric Acid near bases, metals, oxidizing agents, certain acids, amines, reducing agents, or organic materials. Storage Temp. < 75ºF (<24ºC). WHEN HYDROCHLORIC ACID IS MIXED WITH NITRIC ACID NITROHYDROCHLORIC ACID (AQUA REGIA) IS FORMED. NEVER STORE NITROHYDROCHLORIC ACID OR PLACE NITROHYDROCHLORIC ACID IN A SEALED CONTAINER.
- DISPOSAL AND SPILLS: These materials and their containers must be disposed of as hazardous waste. If less than a few milliliters of concentrated acid or a few hundred milliliters of dilute acid is spilled, the spill can be neutralized by adding soda ash or sodium bicarbonate and rinsing profusely with water. If the spill is large (i.e. greater than 1 liter of concentrated acid, or more than you have materials to handle), immediately evacuate the laboratory, close the doors, and promptly call 9-1-1
In case of accident, if you feel unwell seek medical advice immediately.
- Eyes – Get medical attention immediately and flush eyes with plenty of water for 15 minutes
- Skin – Flush skin with plenty of water for 15 minutes
- Inhalation – Immediately move outside and get fresh air. If breathing is difficult give oxygen. Immediately call a poison control center or medical doctor for treatment advice. Sip water if able to swallow. Do not give anything by mouth to an unconscious person. Do not induce vomiting unless instructed to do so by a poison control center or medical doctor
READ THE COMPLETE MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) before handling this material
Hydrochloric Acid https://bauschscientific.com/sds/hcl_sds.pdf
CONDITIONS OF SALE
- This item cannot be shipped by air, or by USPS, or to a PO Box, or to any address not located within the contiguous lower 48 states of the United States
- By purchasing this item you affirm that the shipping address provided is your valid physical address and not a freight forwarding address of any kind
YOU ALSO AGREE AND AFFIRM:
- You are at least 21 years of age
- You are purchasing this acid solely for legitimate use, such as for business, hobby, science experiment, or household use
- You understand the dangers of using and storing acids and are competent to work responsibly and safely with this material
- You have read and understand the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet) for these acids and agree to follow all safety procedures outlined therein, and
- You accept complete and sole responsibility as well as any and all liability pertaining to any harm or damage caused to any person or property resulting directly or indirectly from your purchase or use or misuse of this product
There are no reviews yet.